Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save file corruption

4 posters

:: N++ :: Need help?

Go down

Save file corruption  Empty Save file corruption

Post by Nahoj 30/7/2015, 22:00

Save file corruption is a semi-common bug in N++. The cause is still unknown and that's why we should gather info about the issue.
-- What exactly did you do before the file got corrupted?

In case you didn't know, you can back up your save file by putting it in the cloud (PS+ cloud storage) or on a USB drive.
Here's a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/5QlwHrL9M80

If you do this after every few episodes, you're sure to not lose that progress.

Make sure to post as much info as possible as it'll help the developers solve the issue faster!

I hope this helped Smile

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Save file corruption  Empty Re: Save file corruption

Post by Hairy Cabbage 2/8/2015, 02:09

Glad I found this thread before it happened to me. just backed up my save to the cloud now. thanks Smile

Hairy Cabbage

Back to top Go down

Post by Krondelo 2/8/2015, 03:28

So for the third time my file has been corrupted, but I had created a backup last night after finishing my session. Every time I back it up it still tells me its corrupt. WTF.I'm keeping the save in online storage incase it's not corrupted but this is getting old.. I no longer have the will to beat over 300 levels again when I will likely lose it all again.. From what I have learned, it corrupts when I shut down my system.

Krondelo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj 2/8/2015, 10:31

Krondelo wrote:So for the third time my file has been corrupted, but I had created a backup last night after finishing my session. Every time I back it up it still tells me its corrupt. WTF.I'm keeping the save in online storage incase it's not corrupted but this is getting old.. I no longer have the will to beat over 300 levels again when I will likely lose it all again.. From what I have learned, it corrupts when I shut down my system.

You probably (unknowingly) saved the corrupted file.
Not much you can do about that unfortunaly :/

I try to not overwrite my previous save files, just in case I overwrite it with a corrupted one.

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Post by Krondelo 2/8/2015, 16:22

Nahoj wrote:
Krondelo wrote:So for the third time my file has been corrupted, but I had created a backup last night after finishing my session. Every time I back it up it still tells me its corrupt. WTF.I'm keeping the save in online storage incase it's not corrupted but this is getting old.. I no longer have the will to beat over 300 levels again when I will likely lose it all again.. From what I have learned, it corrupts when I shut down my system.

You probably (unknowingly) saved the corrupted file.
Not much you can do about that unfortunaly :/

I try to not overwrite my previous save files, just in case I overwrite it with a corrupted one.

That's what sucks about it man! I was afraid of that, so I saved while I was still playing the game.. meaning the save ( in theory) should've been working at the time I uploaded it. Oh well though what can I do...

Krondelo

Back to top Go down

Post by dots-fen 6/8/2015, 15:38

happened to me too.
What I was doing? Literally nothing.

it just happens I guess. well, i was 4 episodes away to complete everything, guess I have to start all over. not really a problem since I enjoy the game Very Happy

dots-fen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: N++ :: Need help?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum