Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Featured Maps and Feedback

2 posters

:: N++ :: Level creating

Go down

Featured Maps and Feedback Empty Featured Maps and Feedback

Post by Cliqy 28/9/2015, 02:19

I've been playing N and its games since 09. Can't say I do not like where it's going and also happy to see old friends still active and higher in ranks. I apologize in advance for any errors in this post; I'm on mobile and plan to revise this later. I'm also using this a check up to see what amount of players who play N++ actually still browse about the forums; as I would like to be able to host contest and post mappacks as I did on before.

Topic:
I'm curious to know how the featured map system works on N++, I've noticed it shows maps that have a high amount of favorites and plays. This I thought was true until I began to realize that there were also plenty maps up with little favorite and no replays to view. I would like to know how it works so it will be easier for more decent maps to get plays and attention.

(Its just my thoughts and rambling beyond this point)

Overall, I'm in love with N++ on the Ps4 (aside from data corruption) I am pleased with how this game came out. One thing I would like to point out is how they made it easier for corner jumps to pull off by adding more frames for input. This makes highscoring competition a lot more instense. I really love the color scheme idea of the game also, even though I find myself on vasquez for the vibe of being on pc again.

I will be extremely enlightened and suprised if a great amount of N++ players browse the forums. Whilst the ps4 having its own messaging system, I see it things becoming much more lively and upbeat for N++ if people were enthusiastic about playing it. For example, in the nmaps community, people who are just starting out in map making get better a lot faster because of the feedback and being able to see so many others put countless time and effort into their maps. On N++, you aren't able to see much except favorites and replays. I'm not asking for more as I am fresh out of suggestions but just emphasizing my reason why N++ forums could help the level sharing on the game. In my opinion, the way things are now; I see very little progression in level creation and play for the game (its also all we have for the trade off of mutliplayer).

I'll continue loving the game and putting long amounts of time into maps in hopes of people playing them and feeling inspired to do the same.

(First posted on metanet forums)

Cliqy

Back to top Go down

Featured Maps and Feedback Empty Re: Featured Maps and Feedback

Post by Nahoj 28/9/2015, 15:53

Hey, first of all; I've been enjoying the levels you published so far alot.
It's good to see NUMAish levels in N++.

About the featured levels thing; Metanet themselves pick levels that they find to be of good quality/fun to play. Usually they also state them in a post on their Tumblr page (http://metanetsoftware.tumblr.com).

Unfortunately, this forum nor the Metanet forum are not extremely active.
But in case you do not know, there is also a N++ reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/nplusplus) which is a bit more active.

Anyway, keep up the good work Smile

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Post by Cliqy 28/9/2015, 18:46

Nahoj! I can't help but say you're one of the best of the best players in my eyes. Your maps have very nice and difficult tech jumps that people can pull off ig having diligent practice and also whenever you place a run on a map, its almost like its a lost cause for anyone who wanted the "00" spot.

Thanks a lot for these sources, did not know Metanet had a tumblr feed going on. I'll also explore the reddit a bit.

Cliqy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj 28/9/2015, 19:09

Thank you Smile
Although there definitely are players out there who can beat me quite often.
And yes, I do like putting unique jumps/tricks in my levels, trying to create a wow-effect with every level.

No problem on the links.

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: N++ :: Level creating

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum