Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Global leaderboards

3 posters

:: N++ :: General

Go down

Suggestion: Global leaderboards Empty Suggestion: Global leaderboards

Post by Nahoj 20/8/2015, 21:51

Global leaderboards are coming to the game, but in what way or form?
Total score could be an option, but then the problem would occur that levels with alot of gold in them, will be way more valuable than levels that got only a few pieces of gold. Which would lead to way less competition on those levels.

I was thinking about this and came with the following idea:
A point system.

And it would work like this:
- When a player gets 1st place on a level/episode, he/she earns 20 points.
- 2nd gets 19 points
- 3rd gets 18 points
- And so on till 20th place
This means that it is possible to lose points when another player overtakes you.

Then, the player with most points will obviously end up being number 1 on the global leaderboards.
The best option would be to have 2 leaderboards, one for individual levels and one for episodes.

I have no idea if this is alot of work to code or not, but I figured to atleast just share the idea Smile

So what do you think?

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Global leaderboards Empty Re: Suggestion: Global leaderboards

Post by khaled 13 21/8/2015, 19:54

I actually want one with the overall score you have in your profile , that one actually count how many levels you beat , gold collect and secret challenge that you have done .

The normal overall leaderboard is just too much and will be an endless task if you want to maintain at the top .

khaled 13

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 22/8/2015, 16:35

We do want some sort of global rank/score; unfortunately we can't determine the number of best/top (0th/top-20) scores a player has, because that query is quite expensive Sad

I think using the score that's currently in the profile could work (or, the score that's in the profile is the primary ranking, but we could use the sum-of-all-scores score to break ties)

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down