Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions / Features

+4
Nahoj
Hairy Cabbage
atekz
dots-fen
8 posters

:: N++ :: General

Go down

Suggestions / Features Empty Suggestions / Features

Post by dots-fen 4/8/2015, 15:11

Let's keep it clean, I'll try to modify the first post. Only things that make sense and that are in the limits of the game and the devs
I'll start (and let's see if we can get Mare and Raigan to read this)

About colors
I'm missing about a dozen episodes and then I finish all the episodes, but I seriously doubt this will be the reward. How about an option that let you set various things about 1 Custom style? It will work like this: you select one base color (let's say I take Vasquez), then I modify the values of it. If I select one with the border, then I get to modify the border too, etc.

Speedrun mode
In NReality, for those who didn't play it, there were 2 modes: speedrun and highscore. In speedrun, gold was there but it didn't matter: the scores were based on how many frames you used to finish the level. The faster, the better. A similar thing would be a pretty cool mode.

Arcade mode
Timer doesn't reset when you die; you must complete the selected column to win the arcade. (Example: Arcade Legacy 00 means complete A-00, then B-00, etc. all with the same timer); or something like that, with the concept of not resetting timer and completing multiple levels in a row

Online/Local editor
I told them about this in an e-mail too. Wouldn't be cool if we had an editor on PC? Either online or in local. It'd be multiple times better, right now I suck at making things with a joystick Sad lol

i guess that's all for now

dots-fen

Back to top Go down

Suggestions / Features Empty Re: Suggestions / Features

Post by atekz 4/8/2015, 18:42

I would love to sre some of those things introduced into the game in the next year or so

atekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairy Cabbage 5/8/2015, 01:54

apparently they have an update planned that will "actually raise the price". I can only hope they are referring to something like Online game modes.

Hairy Cabbage

Back to top Go down

Post by dots-fen 5/8/2015, 02:14

sorry to crush your hope but online will never come to this game

dots-fen

Back to top Go down

Post by Hairy Cabbage 5/8/2015, 04:12

dots-fen wrote:sorry to crush your hope but online will never come to this game

any particular reason for saying that? or are you just a glass half empty kinda guy? Razz

Hairy Cabbage

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj 5/8/2015, 20:24

They (M&R) are still not sure wether there will be an online co-op in the future. On their blog they stated that it is possible, but very unlikely to happen.

Ofcourse I do hope for it to happen, but I think the game is great as it is already.

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 19/8/2015, 04:52

About custom colours, this is something we considered but it's actually not easily doable without an incredibly horrible UI; IIRC each colour palette is actually about 100 different sets of RGB values.. they look simple, but every part of every enemy + every menu entry + all the fx each need to have an RGB specified. Which means making your own would be quite involved..

Never say never, but if this happens it will be a long time from now! Sorry :/

Same for online, it's a ridiculous amount of work (6-12 months for Shawn) and we would rather use that engineering effort to add new modes and other stuff that everyone can enjoy.

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 19/8/2015, 04:53

I mentioned in a different thread, but Arcade should definitely be happening, and we're trying to figure out how to add a "speedrun" UI that works nicely with the existing timerbar.

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by khaled 13 19/8/2015, 20:08

please put back the ability to watch your replay after you die , it was on the beta as i remember

sometime i just want to see what i did wrong and what killed me
its also very helpful if you want to do a new route or study the enemies .

khaled 13

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 20/8/2015, 16:59

This was something we disabled at the last minute because people would always accidentally press Square and then not understand what was happening. Maybe we'll re-add it and just use R1+Square or something to avoid this problem...

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by boxkar 22/8/2015, 01:34

A handicap option for race mode.

boxkar

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 22/8/2015, 16:33

@boxkar: good idea!!

(We tried to add a bit of rubber-banding with the bonuses (bonus is proportional to the size of the empty region of the timerbar) but the effect was tuned to permit comebacks between two same-skilled opponents, not serve as a proper handicap.)

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nahoj 5/9/2015, 14:22

Small thing but; a stat that shows how many followers you have.
And maybe one that shows the total amount of ++'s you've received.

Nahoj

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 5/9/2015, 18:48

Good ideas Nahoj! (I'm not sure if we actually have that info, but we can probably generate it from what we have (i.e look at all your maps and sum the ++s, look at all the users and count the number following you); we'll talk to our database programmer)

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by JJKilla33 6/9/2015, 22:01

Not sure if someone mentioned this already but why can't you change the color and look of your ninja? I remember in N+ there were a ton of different versions of the ninja like the Hot Stepper (Who I preferred to call the Hot Stripper) and it would be cool if beating certain levels would unlock them for you. So that way people who beat the hardest secret levels in the game actually have something to show for it

JJKilla33

Back to top Go down

Post by raigan 7/9/2015, 16:10

@JJKilla33: this was a side-effect of adding the different colour schemes.. it was hard enough to find 4 ninja colours that worked, let alone dozens. We sort of thought, in N+ you could only choose your ninja colour, this time let's let users choose the colour of everything Smile

At the same time, we realize that character customization is something that a lot of players want, so we will be addressing that in some way -- I'm not sure if it will be custom colours, or even just the ability to cycle your colour through the 4 currently available ones (P1-P4).

We're definitely thinking of ways to reward players for completing the secrets too Smile

raigan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: N++ :: General

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum